Senior Care Rochester NY
July is Sandwich Generation Month. This is the time for you to step back and not only evaluate all of the care efforts that you put forth for both your children and your senior parent, but to truly appreciate all of the benefits that your dual caregiver roles offer you in your life. This can reduce stress, boost your mental and emotional health, and bring greater meaning to your care journey, ensuring that you can be the best that you can be for everyone who relies on you.
Some of the benefits that you can celebrate about your caregiver roles during Sandwich Generation Month include:
- Quality time with your senior parent. Many adult children lose their close connection with their parents as they get older. These adults are focused on their own families and life paths and may not spend as much time with their senior parents. As a caregiver, however, you are able to spend quality time with your parent and focus more on your relationship.
- Share family history with your children. Being in the sandwich generation means your children will likely get to spend more time with your senior parent than they might have if you were not a caregiver. This means that they have more opportunity to learn about their family history, their culture, and their traditions. These memories will be precious to them as they get older and can then share them with their own children.
- Confidence in the quality of care. Being a caregiver in the sandwich generation means that you are directly involved in all aspects of your parent’s care as well as your children’s care. This lets you make the decisions that are right for your elderly parent and your children, giving you confidence that your loved ones can all live the lifestyle that you know that they deserve. This also means that you are able to support a higher quality of life tailored to their specific needs, challenges, limitations, and even personal likes, dislikes, and other details.
If you feel that you are not making the most out of your care efforts or that your senior loved one simply needs more than you are able to give, consider senior care. Hiring an senior home care services provider does not mean that you are not doing well as a caregiver or that you are trying to “get out of” your care responsibilities. Instead, it is a nurturing and loving choice that allows your parent greater freedom, independence, and autonomy while also ensuring that they stay healthy, safe, and comfortable as they age in place. This senior care provider will create a custom care approach designed to maximize your parent’s activity, engagement, and involvement in the world around them, while supporting greater independence. This provides you with more time to focus on your children and your other obligations, ensuring that when you can be with your parent you are able to give the most of yourself.
If you or an aging loved one are considering Senior Care in Rochester NY, contact the caring staff at Caring Hearts of Rochester today! Serving Rochester, Pittsford, Greece, Webster, Canandaigua, Fairport, Perinton, Penfield, Brighton, Henrietta and surrounding communities. Call 585-245-0134.
Latest posts by superadmin (see all)
- Taking Care of Yourself While Caring for an Elderly Parent - February 2, 2017
- Is it Time to Talk to Your Elderly Loved One about Moving? - January 26, 2017
- Why Is Your Elderly Loved One Dizzy When They Stand Up? - January 19, 2017