Caring Hearts of Rochester provides professional caregivers specializing in helping seniors overcome the challenges of Parkinson’s Disease and live independently.
Parkinson’s is a progressive neurological condition caused by not having enough of a chemical in the brain called dopamine.
- Without dopamine people find that their movements become slower and it takes longer to do things.
- Our psychological screening process allows us to be sure the caregivers we assign have the patience, understanding, and positive attitude so important to families coping with Parkinson’s Disease.
Parkinson’s symptoms include tremor, rigidity, and freezing, difficulty with speech /swallowing, incontinence, and pain.
- Professional caregivers are vital to helping the individual with the disease maintain independence and not exhaust their family caregivers.
- Assistance with ADLs (activities of daily living) by a caregiver that relieves the family of these burdens so they can conserve their energy to take care of themselves and enjoy life.
- People with Parkinson’s disease may become withdrawn due to their symptoms.
Symptoms often not talked about include:
- memory problems,
- sleep problems,
- and sexual problems (hyper sexuality or low sex drive).
Care at home provides one-on-one care to assist people with these issues in addition to personal care.
How quickly the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease develops will differ from one person to the next.
There are many things you can do to improve the quality of living for someone with Parkinson’s Disease such as diet. Our caregivers pay special attention to nutrition and hydration, as outlined by a professional nutritionist.
- Get enough calcium. It helps keep bones strong. Milk and cheese are good calcium sources.
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. Fiber can help prevent constipation.
- Cut food into small pieces to aid in chewing and swallowing.
- Chew slowly and swallow carefully to avoid choking.
- Drink plenty of water between bites.
A few simple adjustments around the house can make a big difference but sometimes the most obvious things get overlooked. At Caring Hearts of Rochester, your safety and comfort are our number one priority. Call us today to arrange a free in-home consultation to see if home care is right for you and your family, 585-245-0134.
Looking for a job?
Use our careers page for questions & info
Let's Get Started!
Get immediate help with info
5 out of 5 - by Ralph P. on Aug 23, 2016
Grandma’s caregiver brings so much joy to her life. She enjoys the conversation and the time they spend together. She has helped Grandma continue to be independent and allowed me to feel secure in knowing that she is well cared for. Without Katie, Grandma’s quality of life and level of joy would be much less.
5 out of 5 - by Cindy W. on Mar 08, 2016
I have been working with Caring Hearts of Rochester for three and a half years. I am so very grateful for the wonderful care they provide to my mom. I live out of state and used to worry about mom all day long. I no longer worry about mom, ever! I visit quite frequently and enjoy the conversation & companionship of the caregivers. Mom’s caregivers see her daily and they help her with everything from cooking and cleaning to bathing and shopping. They are kind, compassionate, loving and have truly become family to mom and me. We thank God for our truly perfect situation and we thank Caring Hearts of Rochester for providing me with peace of mind and mom exceptional care. I appreciate your kindness very much. Thank you, thank you thank you!
5 out of 5 - by Bud L. on Mar 11, 2016
My mother doesn’t live nearby so I wanted someone to be with her a few days a week while I was at work. I have peace of mind knowing a responsible and kind caregiver is with her when I can’t be. Thank you very much for your wonderful care of mom.
5 out of 5 - by Shelley P. on Mar 04, 2016
Thank you for sending the most wonderful caregiver to me. She has truly brightened my life and I enjoy her very much. I love all of our fun outings we share together. Thank you for everything you do!
5 out of 5 - by Bill J. on Mar 11, 2016
I am very pleased that I chose Caring Hearts of Rochester for my father. They are truly committed to their care and the high integrity of their staff completely puts me at ease. I don’t worry about dad like I used to because I know that he is taken great care of each day. I am so thankful for your services and the two caregivers that see him during the week.
5 out of 5 - by Marilyn C. on Mar 04, 2016
When my husband returned home from the hospital, you met us with the caregiver at our home to ensure everything went smoothly. This personal introduction to our caregiver brought about an easy relationship for all of us. Since then we have really become close to her and we appreciate all that she does for our family. We continue to recommend Caring Hearts to close friends and relatives requiring assistance. Thank you!
5 out of 5 - by Ryan R. on Mar 10, 2016
We cannot thank you enough for the care you provided to mother. You have truly become family to us. We are very grateful she was able to carry out her wish to remain and pass in her home. Thank you very much for your kind and loving support.