Home Health Care Pittsford NY
If your aging parent is like many seniors, they are dealing with one or more medical conditions that require regular management and treatment. This likely means that they will receive new prescriptions occasionally. Helping them to understand these prescriptions and how to manage them properly is an important step in encouraging compliance and helping your parent to make the most out of the treatments their doctor has devised for them.
Some of the questions that your parent should ask their doctor about a new medication or treatment include:
• What is the chemical name? Many people know certain medications and treatments by generic names. It is important that you know the chemical name for these medications so that you can research properly and ensure that your parent provides proper information to their pharmacist or other doctors.
• What is the goal of this medication or treatment? Your aging parent knows why they went to the doctor, but they might not understand why the doctor gave them a particular treatment or medication. It is important that they understand the goal of that particular choice so that they can evaluate how it is working. For example, if your parent has the flu, it is important that they know whether the medication they are prescribed is meant to decongest, relieve pain, or actually fight the infection.
• What is the proper dosage? It is extremely important that your aging parent understand the proper way to take their medications. This means knowing how much to take, when to take it, and how to take it. This will help them to be compliant and get the most out of it.
• Are there restrictions? Many medications and treatments have specific restrictions. This can be foods that they should not eat, over-the-counter medications that they should not take, or activities that they should not do while taking this prescription. Knowing these helps your parent to make better decisions and avoid potentially serious conflicts and complications.
If your aging loved one has recently received a new diagnosis and you are looking for ways to help them manage this diagnosis and continue to live the highest quality of life possible as they age in place, now is the time for you to start elder home health care for them. An elderly home health care services provider can be with your aging parent as often as needed to provide them with a highly personalized set of services tailored to managing their individual needs, challenges, and limitations. This means that they will be able to live the lifestyle that they desire and deserve and stay safe, healthy, and comfortable while also maintaining as much independence and activity as possible throughout their later years.
When it comes to helping them to handle a new diagnosis and make the most of the treatments or medications that they are utilizing, this home health care provider can be a valuable source of support for maintaining compliance. This support can include giving them reminders for when and how to take their medication, providing emotional support to help them through, or encouraging them to keep up with the guidelines and restrictions given by the doctor pertaining to those medications and treatments.
If you or an aging loved one are considering Home Health Care Services in Pittsford NY, contact the caring staff at Caring Hearts of Rochester today! Serving Rochester, Pittsford, Greece, Webster, Canandaigua, Fairport, Perinton, Penfield, Brighton, Henrietta and surrounding communities. Call 585-245-0134.
Latest posts by superadmin (see all)
- Taking Care of Yourself While Caring for an Elderly Parent - February 2, 2017
- Is it Time to Talk to Your Elderly Loved One about Moving? - January 26, 2017
- Why Is Your Elderly Loved One Dizzy When They Stand Up? - January 19, 2017