Home Health Care Brighton NY
In your role as a family caregiver it is your responsibility to help your senior manage their health conditions and issues in the way that is right for them. Hypertension is a fairly common health complication for adults, affecting approximately 75 million adults throughout the United States, but despite how common it is, it can also be very serious. High blood pressure puts your parent’s body at increased risk of a wide variety of health problems, including stroke, dementia, heart attack, and more.
Giving your aging parent the care that they need as they live with this condition can make a tremendous difference in their future health and well-being, and how the quality of life that they are able to enjoy throughout their later years.
Use these tips to help your elderly parent control their high blood pressure as they age in place:
• Encourage a healthy diet. What your parent eats is a major element of their body’s functioning, health, and well-being. If they do not give their body what it needs, their body is not able to keep up with what it is supposed to do, including regulating blood pressure and keeping their heart healthy. Encourage your parent to eat a diet that is rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean protein to support healthy functioning as they age.
• Decrease salt. One recommendation that your aging parent is likely to get from their doctor is to decrease the amount of salt that they eat. Salt increases blood volume, which furthers the amount of pressure placed on the inside of the arteries. Decreasing salt helps the body to better process fluids, preventing swelling and other issues that impact hypertension.
• Support physical activity. The heart is a muscle just like any other muscle throughout the body, which means that it needs regular and consistent exercise in order to stay strong and healthy. Encourage your parent to maintain a regular level of physical activity to keep their weight down and support their heart health. Ask their doctor to give you recommendations for the types of exercise that would be safe and effective for your elderly loved one.
If your elderly loved one has been suffering from high blood pressure, or has risk factors that gives them higher chances of developing this condition, now may be the ideal time for you to consider starting home health care for them. A care provider can give your parent highly personalized care designed specifically to address their individual needs, challenges, and limitations in a way that corresponds with their personality, wants, desires, and goals for their life.
This means that your parent is able to stay as healthy, safe, and comfortable as possible while also pursuing a lifestyle that is as independent, active, engaged, and fulfilling as possible throughout their later years. The highly personalized care services of a home health care provider can help your parent customize their lifestyle so that they are able to effectively manage their high blood pressure while also still living the lifestyle that is right for them in terms of their preferences, personality, and interests.
If you or an aging loved one are considering Home Health Care Services in Brighton NY, contact the caring staff at Caring Hearts of Rochester today! Serving Rochester, Pittsford, Greece, Webster, Canandaigua, Fairport, Perinton, Penfield, Brighton, Henrietta and surrounding communities. Call 585-245-0134.
At Caring Hearts of Rochester, the well-being and genuine health of others is our greatest concern. We are committed to providing first-class person-centered care and services for our clients and patients so they may enjoy independence and relaxed comfort in their homes or residence of choice.
At Caring Hearts of Rochester, our caregivers are the most significant members of our team. They are devoted to delivering our service commitment to others.
We honor values of honesty, trust, integrity, respect and dedication. Caring Hearts of Rochester promotes a caregiving atmosphere where independence is supported, successes are attained, and a healthy culture of care is offered.
Caring Hearts of Rochester is built on a foundation of core values and dedication to client happiness, quality of life and peace of mind. Our commitment is to service excellence, personal growth, and accountability.
What makes our caregivers different?
Our top priority is excellence in care. So many businesses promise a commitment to excellence but don’t deliver. We believe our clients deserve better.
Latest posts by John Hunt (see all)
- Does Your Mom Get Enough Vitamin D? - November 20, 2018
- When Your Parent’s a Pack Rat, How Do You Clean the House? - November 13, 2018
- National Family Caregivers Month – Three Questions to Ask Your Mom Right Now - November 7, 2018