Millions of adults throughout the United States are caregivers, and a large percentage of these suffer from caregiver stress, anxiety, guilt, and other issues that can compromise their mental and emotional well-being, physical health, and the quality of the care that they are able to give.
If you are a family caregiver, getting involved in a support group can be one of the best decisions that you make for yourself and for your aging loved one. Even if you have just gotten started on your care journey with your parent, finding a support group designed for family caregivers can help you to make the most of this time with your parent, protect yourself, and ensure that you are doing what is best for you and for your senior throughout your care experience.
Some ways that being involved in a support group for caregivers can be valuable for you include:
• You are not alone. It is easy to feel like you are alone when you start caring for your elderly parent. You might feel like you do not have as much in common with your friends or that others do not understand what you are going through. This can be very isolating. When you are part of a support group, however, you can easily see that you are not alone. You are surrounded by others who are going through many of the same things that you are and that understand you.
• Advice and guidance. Being a caregiver can be challenging and leave you feeling as though you do not know what to do. In a support group, caregivers who have been caring for longer than you have, or who have already experienced the challenges that you have can give you guidance and advice that help you make the choices that are right for your aging parent.
• Emotional venting. It is completely normal to feel stressed and go through a wide variety of emotions when you are caring for your aging parent. A support group is a safe environment for you to vent your emotions and get the support and encouragement you need to work through them and reduce your stress.
If you have found that you are suffering from caregiver stress or feel that your care responsibilities have increased to the point at which you are concerned that you will not be able to fulfill them to the best of your ability while also managing the other needs and obligations in your life, now is the perfect time for you to consider starting home care for them.
A home care provider can step in to take on some of your elderly loved one’s care needs so that they are fulfilled in a way that is respectful, nurturing, compassionate, and effective, while also encouraging them to be as independent, active, and engaged as possible. This can not only help your aging loved one to live a more engaged and fulfilling quality of life as they age in place, but can also reduce your caregiver stress by allowing you to step back, focus on other elements of your life, and ensure that the efforts that you do put forth for them are as effective and beneficial as possible throughout your care journey.
If you or an aging loved one are considering Home Care Services in Webster NY, contact the caring staff at Caring Hearts of Rochester today! Serving Rochester, Pittsford, Greece, Webster, Canandaigua, Fairport, Perinton, Penfield, Brighton, Henrietta and surrounding communities. Call 585-245-0134.
At Caring Hearts of Rochester, the well-being and genuine health of others is our greatest concern. We are committed to providing first-class person-centered care and services for our clients and patients so they may enjoy independence and relaxed comfort in their homes or residence of choice.
At Caring Hearts of Rochester, our caregivers are the most significant members of our team. They are devoted to delivering our service commitment to others.
We honor values of honesty, trust, integrity, respect and dedication. Caring Hearts of Rochester promotes a caregiving atmosphere where independence is supported, successes are attained, and a healthy culture of care is offered.
Caring Hearts of Rochester is built on a foundation of core values and dedication to client happiness, quality of life and peace of mind. Our commitment is to service excellence, personal growth, and accountability.
What makes our caregivers different?
Our top priority is excellence in care. So many businesses promise a commitment to excellence but don’t deliver. We believe our clients deserve better.
Latest posts by John Hunt (see all)
- Are More Senior Citizens Really Filing Bankruptcy? - September 20, 2018
- Can You Afford Home Care? - September 11, 2018
- Skin Care for the Feet of a Senior with Diabetes - September 6, 2018