Elderly Care Penfield NY
As a family caregiver, hiring elderly care for your aging parent is one of the most meaningful decisions that you can make. An elderly home care services provider can help your parent to manage their needs while also continuing to live an active, engaged, and fulfilling quality of life. If you are considering hiring such care for your parent, it is important that you are confident in your decision so you know that your parent is in the best hands even when you are not with them.
Some things to keep in mind when choosing an elderly care provider include:
• Your parent’s needs. Before you can make proper decisions regarding the elderly care that your aging parent should have, you need to carefully evaluate your parent’s real needs. Take the time to go through all of the issues, challenges, and limitations that they might be experiencing and how you feel that these impact their health, safety, and quality of life.
• How to resolve their needs. Once you are clear about your parent’s needs, come up with resolutions and management plans for each of these needs. Consider what your loved one would need in order to manage their challenges, limitations, and needs. For example, if your parent is dealing with mobility and balance problems, you may note that they need physical support and transfer assistance. If they no longer drive, they will need help with transportation. Clarifying these goals helps you to determine what type of care is necessary for them.
• Your abilities. Hiring elderly care for your loved one does not mean that you are no longer relevant to their care. You are not replacing yourself with an elderly home care services provider. Instead, you are supplementing the care that they receive from you. Considering what you are capable of doing for your parent and the amount of time that you are willing and able to put forth for this care is essential to understanding what other types of arrangements you will need to make in order for your elderly loved one to have everything that they need to live the highest quality of life possible as they age in place.
• Your goals for their care. Once you have clarified what you are able to do for your parent, consider what else they need. Having goals for their care allows you to select the care provider who is best for your aging parent. These goals will let you properly discuss your parent’s needs and structure their care approach to ensure that they get what is necessary to fulfill each of their specific needs.
• Scheduling. Beyond just what your parent needs, you will also need to consider how often they will need this assistance. Simply because your aging parent is dealing with challenges and limitations does not mean that they need to have you or an elderly care provider with them at all times. Supporting their independence and allowing them to manage as many of their own needs as possible is an important part of helping them to maintain their mental and emotional health as they age in place. Evaluate how often you think that your parent truly needs assistance in order to remain safe, secure, and healthy.
If you or an aging loved one are considering Elderly Care Services in Penfield NY, contact the caring staff at Caring Hearts of Rochester today! Serving Rochester, Pittsford, Greece, Webster, Canandaigua, Fairport, Perinton, Penfield, Brighton, Henrietta and surrounding communities. Call 585-245-0134.
Latest posts by superadmin (see all)
- Taking Care of Yourself While Caring for an Elderly Parent - February 2, 2017
- Is it Time to Talk to Your Elderly Loved One about Moving? - January 26, 2017
- Why Is Your Elderly Loved One Dizzy When They Stand Up? - January 19, 2017