Going on trips is one of the great joys of life, and just because your elder has gotten older doesn’t mean they can no longer enjoy the fun, excitement, and memories of traveling. In fact, heading out on adventures with the family, whether for a quick weekend getaway or an epic road trip across several states, can offer a wide variety of benefits for your parent.
These benefits aren’t just for when you are on the road, however. Many occur before you even get out the door. The actual planning of the vacation is not only fun, but it can be stimulating and beneficial as well.
Some of the benefits of planning a vacation with your elder include:
- Giving you something to look forward to. This offers a “light at the end of the tunnel” feeling when you are dealing with particularly stressful or difficult times in your care journey. Having something to look ahead to and know you just need to get through these hard times can be very reassuring.
- Easing your stress. Studies have shown that just thinking about vacation reduces stress and gives you a greater sense of well-being.
- Stimulating your parent’s mind through talking about the vacation, making specific plans and itineraries, and researching your destination. This helps strengthen their cognitive functioning and supports better memory skills.
- Finding ways to strengthen the relationships between the different generations of your family. This is important for your parent, you, your partner, and your children, creating a stronger family unit and boosting mental and emotional health.
If your aging parent has been dealing with new challenges and limitations, your ability to care for them has changed and you no longer feel as though you are fulfilling their needs effectively, or you simply believe they would benefit from more diversified care, now may be the ideal time to consider starting elder care for them. With elder care, your aging parent will have customized access to the care, support, and assistance that they need, on the schedule that is right for them.
Through these services, the elder home care services provider can help your parent to stay happy, healthy, safe, and independent, while also pursuing a lifestyle that is active and fulfilling. Personalized services can include transportation, meal preparation, assistance with housekeeping tasks, support for personal care needs such as bathing and grooming, companionship, medication reminders, and more.
If you or an aging loved one are considering Elder Care Services in Rochester NY, contact the caring staff at Caring Hearts of Rochester today! Serving Rochester, Pittsford, Greece, Webster, Canandaigua, Fairport, Perinton, Penfield, Brighton, Henrietta and surrounding communities. Call 585-245-0134.
At Caring Hearts of Rochester, the well-being and genuine health of others is our greatest concern. We are committed to providing first-class person-centered care and services for our clients and patients so they may enjoy independence and relaxed comfort in their homes or residence of choice.
At Caring Hearts of Rochester, our caregivers are the most significant members of our team. They are devoted to delivering our service commitment to others.
We honor values of honesty, trust, integrity, respect and dedication. Caring Hearts of Rochester promotes a caregiving atmosphere where independence is supported, successes are attained, and a healthy culture of care is offered.
Caring Hearts of Rochester is built on a foundation of core values and dedication to client happiness, quality of life and peace of mind. Our commitment is to service excellence, personal growth, and accountability.
What makes our caregivers different?
Our top priority is excellence in care. So many businesses promise a commitment to excellence but don’t deliver. We believe our clients deserve better.
Latest posts by John Hunt (see all)
- Are More Senior Citizens Really Filing Bankruptcy? - September 20, 2018
- Can You Afford Home Care? - September 11, 2018
- Skin Care for the Feet of a Senior with Diabetes - September 6, 2018